Pay-per-click (PPC) is a form of digital advertising that focuses on driving traffic to web pages through advertisement. PPC advertisers are charged a fee that is calculated based on the number of clicks on their ads. The advertiser is then paid out according to user impression rate, click-through rate, or offer completion. This blog uncovers more facts about PPC advertising that every advertiser should know.
PPC Advertising: 4 Things You Need to Know
PPC advertising is common practice for seasoned advertisers who aim to optimize their ad spend and increase ROI. Regardless of whether an advertiser is new to PPC advertising or seeking proven techniques to elevate their current strategy, there are some facts that every advertiser should know:
PPC and SEO are Different. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an organic marketing strategy that focuses on boosting site rankings, listed on search engine results pages (SERP). PPC advertising refers to the ads within the SERP that have been designed to direct traffic to those sites. Both methods function differently, but can help to drive user traffic and increase website visibility. The best advertising strategies capitalize upon both PPC and SEO.
PPC Advertising Provides Valuable Metrics. The pay-per-click structure allows for advertisers to gain access to CTR and conversion rate metrics. This informations helps advertisers to make data-driven decisions and better manage their budget, maximizing their ROI.
Results are Accessible and Can Be Immediate. PPC networks can either be designed to drive traffic for audience development or to optimize for conversion. This construct gives advertisers the flexibility to develop their strategy according to their advertisement goals. In addition, PPC campaigns are easy to set up. The approval process is seamless and can quickly boost an advertisement campaign.
There are a Variety of Effective PPC Platforms. While Google Adwords is a popular PPC network, there are a number of other networks that deliver great results at a lower cost. Many cost-effective networks contain several unique advertiser solutions. Networks like Facebook Ads and Amazon Advertising are just a few of the many proven options available to advertisers. Taking the time to research and understanding the different characteristics of each PPC network will help advertisers to vet for the best fit platform for their advertising strategy.
Best Practices for a Successful PPC Campaign
Once an advertiser has selected their PPC networks and begun running ad campaigns, there are a number of best practices that can help with increasing ROI and improving upon advertising goals. Here are some tips for improving your advertising strategy:
- A/B test your ads. Creating multiple ad groups and running a variety of ads simultaneously is encouraged. Once created, modifications can be made, according to the data that is generated, to optimize for conversion.
- Establish your keyword strategy. Finding and using the right keywords for an ad can make or break an ad strategy. Fortunately, there are online tools that aid with keyword research and discovery to help reach the right audience.
- Target your audience with relevant ads and landing pages. User experience matters. By creating advertisements that are relevant to the products, services or offers on the site, you increase the probability of user engagement, ultimately moving you toward your advertising goals.
- Remember to remarket. Developing a solid remarketing strategy helps re-engage users with your offers and further increase conversions.
- Monitor and analyze. Metrics are important. Constantly monitor, analyze and re-adjust your campaigns to maximize ROI. Tracking helps with both managing your budget and escalating your advertising strategy.
By choosing the right PPC network and by properly utilizing the tools and resources available, advertisers can develop and implement a successful ad strategy.