Advertise.com offers several different ad products that align with specific campaign needs. This includes keyword ads, banner ads, pop under ads, and video ads. Choosing the correct traffic type is important so that your ads run on the right network and in the proper format.
Setting Your Traffic Types for Adgroups
When setting up your online advertising campaign on Advertise.com, the first setting you’ll come to for Adgroups is Traffic Type. Select the Traffic Type that most closely matches the type of campaign you’re setting up. To edit your Traffic Type after the campaign has been set up, search for the Adgroup that you intend to edit. Right click on the Adgroup name, and select “View/Edit Settings” and click on “Traffic Type” in the right hand menu.
You’ll notice “Traffic type – Manual” above the traffic type product list. If this line says False, then you must manually select your traffic type(s) from the list below. If this line says True, then you must manually enter a whitelisted publishers who you deem approved to run your campaign. To see how to enter a Whitelist, please see our blog post about the Mass Editor Tool.
Advertise.com Offers the Following Options When Choosing Your Traffic Type
- InterYield Add-on: Your landing page is displayed in a new tab or window when users click within the sites that are contextually relevant to the keywords you bid on. Your landing page can load on any site to users who have installed browser add ons or extensions. This type of advertising is most effective with multimedia content sites.
- InterYield Direct: Your landing page is displayed in a new tab or window when users click within the sites that are contextually relevant to the keywords you bid on. Your landing page can load on approved sites within the Advertise.com publisher network. You might choose this type of advertisement if you want to draw the customer to your unique landing page without having to create a compelling banner ad.
- InText Add On: Your ad is displayed when a user hovers over a hyperlinked keyword you have a bid on. The ad can appear on any site to users who have installed browser add ons or extensions. This form of advertising is chosen if you already have a list of keywords and would like to utilize this list in your advertising efforts.
- InText Direct: Your ad is displayed when a user hovers over a hyperlinked keyword you have a bid on. The ad can appear on approved sites within the advertise.com publisher network. You might choose this type of advertising if you have a list of keywords you’d like to use and prefer to limit the network in which your ad would appear to more dependable inventory.
- XML Feed: Your ad is displayed within the search results, direct site ad spaces, or parked domains based on the keywords you bid on. The ad can appear on approved sites within the Advertise.com publisher network. This traffic type does not involve any pop-up or otherwise intrusive ad that would detract from the users ability to interact with the page content.
- Vizable: This type of advertising should be considered if you have a video ad you’d like to use and if you have a high amount of mobile traffic. Note: Vizable is currently only available on mobile devices. We are working to have desktop traffic available soon. Your video ad is displayed on the webpage in three different locations:
- Interstitial – Video will pop up and take over the user’s screen
- Slider – Small frame of video will appear in lower corner of screen and will remain in lower corner while user interacts with page
- Inline – Video will appear within sites content, for example in between paragraphs of text
You may mix and match different Traffic Types based on the type of ad you have, so don’t feel constrained by one Traffic Type! One Adgroup can have multiple Traffic Types depending on what you’ve discussed with your Account Executive.